Sunday, February 8, 2009

Kala Ghoda Fair and Walks on Colaba Causeway

An unexpected trip to Bombay. Went to meet masi and check on Nani and her magic eye! All in all, frolicked my ass off. Went for the Kala Ghoda fair, which was quite a let down. I guess the expectations were high. Lesson learned, never compare the Kala Ghoda fair to Bangalore's Dastkar at Chitrakala Parishat. Nevertheless, masi and I went to Colaba Causeway in order to, (in masi's words) Mattha-tekofy! While Kolhapuri Chappals and Borums were bought, and Aquamarine was visited (much drooling while staring at the silver, may I add), I found my Green Book. Like 500 pages of handmade paper comprising of pressed flowers and all, and wrapped in the remains of an old, green banarasi sari, it was a steal for 250 rupees. A gift from masi, you, my green book, shall be cherished for days to come. To art and poetry and dreams.

4 comments:

Taaneya Balaji said...

and i cant wait to see what will be in that green book:) bring it to college sometime!

Anushka said...

Tomorrow. :)

Diti said...

i must make it a point to see the bangalore dastkar then. when is it held?
do let me know when you visit kala ghoda next, i have a photography exhibit there!

Anushka said...

The Dastkar is held sometime September-Obtober. It's on for 10 days or so. I am back in Pune now and wont be in Bombay until may at least. But shall definitely try to catch up with you then. Would love to see your work. Its very alive and inspiring. :D