Monday, February 9, 2009

Empress Garden....

Sometimes, college can be such a bore. Sitting in class and sketching bottles and sharpeners and other mundane, random objects. Not today, anyhow. Today was quite different. We were taken to Empress Garden in Camp, Pune, to sketch shrubs and trees on A4 sheets. The specific nature of that sentence bug you? Check out our task sheets. Wait, Im straying from the point. Yes, so somewhere during our maha-sketching-endevour thing, we found ourselves perched on the slides and jungle-gym-things for the kiddies.May I add that when the signs say 'Ages 10 and below only', its for a reason. Ask the poor gluteus that found itself squashed on my journey down the slide. Anyhow, while I was precariously perched upon one of the many high things I climbed today, I was spectator to a conversation that made me wonder about the things I have been taking for granted. Must paint a little picture for you. Character 1- little girl in maroon uniform. Character 2- Her little baby brother, Rishikesh. Character 3- Child with thick Kajal lines and a mother with equally bright clothing as hers.
As I watched from above, 3 shared with 1 and 2 the grapes she munched. Then she asked 1, 'Thu akele aai hai?Theri mummy kahan hai?' She got a blunt,'Mummy tho nahin hai. Papa bhi nahin hai.' Much more grape munching followed. The squeals of the happy baby who was being cared for. Besides the obvious grief of these orphans, I was moved by the matter-of-fact nature in which only a child can speak. I was moved by the sharing that wasn't forced, but was so genuine. As they smiled, and laughed, and munched those grapes, I wondered why we all grow into the stereotypical people that we are.

3 comments:

Lan said...

hahhha very true, we grow into something unexplainable!! we should have remained kids!! :) thats a amazing blog you have got man!! keep it up!!

Anonymous said...

lemony lollipops
I like you and your blog

Anushka said...

@ LAn, Thanks. Am glad you feel likewise.
@ Dhruvi. You may call me Anushka, considering that we've known each other pretty long. Lemony Lollipops it seems. Aiyyo! Anyways, thanks love! I like you and your blog too. :D